Make sure to leave any comments!

Look below the blog for the little thing that says comments and leave me whatever you like! I promise I'll try to respond if I can!

Monday, October 17, 2011

Uplifting a bit



That's just a little chill music to kinda set the mood for this blog. I'm not going to be bitching or ranting about anything. This is just a little bit to maybe open someones eyes to what is around them.

I recently saw a video of a woman, I believe she was a little older than me, that had an implant put in that allowed her to hear for the very first time. Upon watching it, when she got to the end and started crying, she said "I don't like that sound" the Doctor with her said, "But that's you. That's your tears." The lady looked up to him wide eyed like a child at christmas time. She then hugged the doctor and began crying more. Laughter slowly mixed in with the tears that seemed to be changing to tears of joy.

This video made me realize how well most of us have it. Most of us are listening to music, or the tv, or someone talking right now. You might even be listening to the music I posted above. Imagine if you could not. How much do you take for granted in your life. That woman had been given the single greatest joy of her life. Something she might have thought she would never have and never get to experience. Yet it is something you, me, and many other people don't even notice.

Always take the time appreciate what you have. Yes your life might be hard. I know mine is. But after watching that, I saw things a new way. When you stop reading this and go about your life, keep that woman in mind. Things can always be worse, and things WILL get better. Tell those that mean the most to you that you love them. Tell your friends you appreciate them. And most importantly, do not take yourself for granted. You are who you are, so be the best YOU that YOU can be. No one else can be you.

I also want to take this time to say that I had one of the hardest things I've had to do in a while. It may not have seemed that way at the time. Lets start with this. One of my best friends is moving to Seattle in a week today. I was down seeing him this weekend with my other best friend. The three of us are like brothers. When I started to leave, and was saying my goodbyes, nothing felt different, but when I sat down in my car I started to think about it. I really don't know when I'll see him again. I wish him the best, but I hate to see him go. Just the thought, that that might have been the last time all 3 of us were able to hang out pained me. I know we will see each other again, but on the off chance we don't was what I was, and am, worried about. How many times did I enjoy, but take for granted the times we hung out together. I thought nothing of it. And now...who knows when we will. But I do wish him the best, and will always be his brother!

Ok...think that's about it for now. As always, comments are welcomed and spreading my blog to others is appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts!